- 1 soft and stretchable wrist compression support wrap that has a pouch to hold a gel pack and velcro strap to secure it in place on your wrist (size: 4.2″ wide and 18″ long – one-size-fits-all for either right or left hand)
- 1 reusable gel pack (3.5″ x 10″) that can be frozen, heated or microwaved
- Freebies: Special discounts! (To claim, simply follow the instructions on the box)
- You can apply the ice pack / gel pack directly on your skin, BUT please exercise extreme caution and care since excessive heat or cold can lead to burns. This is why we have bundled the gel pack with this wrist support wrap because we advice putting it in the wrap’s pouch, with the pouch acting as a barrier between the pack and your skin.
- If the temperature is still too hot or cold for you, please use additional towels to cover the pack.
- Limit application of the gel pack to 15-20 minutes at a time (this is as advised by doctors and sports professionals since overusing does not help you heal any faster and may actually damage or burn skin tissue).
- If reapplication is needed, apply again every 1 to 1.5 hours. But be reminded that above all, when it comes to extended use, please do consult your physician or pharmacist. Please also do a consultation if ever you’re uncertain on whether you should use this pack for your type of injury or pain.
- Dispose ice gel pack if damaged or worn.
- The gel pack is FDA-approved and designed for many many times of uses. There are no issues with the contents being refrozen or reheated constantly.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Hot water method:
- Put water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove water from heat.
- Immerse the gel pack in the hot water for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the gel pack from the water, wipe it off, check the temperature, and insert it into the wrap’s pouch for use.
Since microwaves vary in power, you need to find the correct heat time carefully.
- Flatten the pack in the microwave and ensure that the gel is evenly distributed.
- Expose it for 30 sec. Please stop heating if it starts to expand like a balloon. If more heat is needed, expose it further for 10 seconds only at a time until desired temperature is reached. (Record the total time used for future reference).
- Put the gel pack into the brace’s pouch.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Though we have mentioned a standard heating time for the gel pack, it helps to note that microwave powers vary from machine to machine. Therefore, during the FIRST time that you use it in a microwave, please keep an eye on the gel pack. If it starts to balloon or expand, stop the microwave instantly since that would mean that there’s too much heat. After that, please take note of the time that it used up. This will then be the standard time that you will use for heating your gel pack in your microwave going forward. (Note: Bursting can happen to gel packs if it reaches its boiling point / ultimate expansion point so caution really needs to be practiced during first-time use in a microwave).
- Store gel pack in the freezer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
(TIP: You can also just leave the gel pack in the freezer so it’s always ready to use)
- Put the gel pack into the wrap’s pouch to insulate the cold. In cases of severe injury, wet the pouch prior to application for greater cold penetration.