– 5 pieces of round gel ice packs (each are at 4 inches in diameter and 2.2oz weight)
- Each round gel pack contains CE & FDA-certified non-toxic gel contained in a leak-proof medical-grade plastic with latex-free cloth backing that won’t rip, tear, or puncture.
- Cloth backing not only promotes comfortable application but it also serves as a barrier between your skin and the gel pack in order to avoid burns.
- These can be used for both hot and cold therapy for fast and efficient pain relief and treatment of injuries.
- You can apply the gel ice packs directly on your skin, BUT please exercise extreme caution and care since excessive heat or cold can lead to burns. After all, we have different pain tolerances and excessive heat or cold can lead to burns.
- If ever the temperature is still too hot or cold for you, you can always wrap it in a towel before application.
- Limit application of the gel ice packs to 15-20 minutes at a time (this is as advised by doctors and sports professionals since overusing does not help you heal any faster and may actually damage or burn skin tissue).
- If reapplication is needed, apply again every 1 to 1.5 hours. But be reminded that above all, when it comes to extended use, please do consult your physician or pharmacist. Please also do a consultation if ever you’re uncertain on whether you should use this pack for your type of injury or pain.
- Dispose round gel pack if damaged or worn.
- The gel ice pack is FDA-approved and designed for many many times of uses. There are no issues with the contents being refrozen or reheated constantly.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. It is advisable for an adult to oversee a child when treating an injury or a kid’s ‘boo boo’.
Since microwaves vary in power, you need to find the correct heat time carefully.
- Flatten one round gel pack in the microwave and ensure that the gel is evenly distributed.
- Expose it for 10 sec only. Please stop heating if it starts to expand like a balloon. If more heat is needed, expose it further for 10 seconds only at a time until desired temperature is reached. (Record the total time used for future reference).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Though we have mentioned a standard heating time for the round gel pack, it helps to note that microwave powers vary from machine to machine. Therefore, during the FIRST time that you use it in a microwave, please keep an eye on it. If it starts to balloon or expand, stop the microwave instantly since that would mean that there’s too much heat. After that, please take note of the time that it used up. This will then be the standard time that you will use for heating your gel ice pack in your microwave going forward. (Note: Bursting can happen to gel ice packs if it reaches its boiling point / ultimate expansion point so caution really needs to be practiced during first-time use in a microwave).
- Store the round gel packs in the freezer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
(TIP: You can also just leave them in the freezer so it’s always ready to use)
- In cases of severe injury, wet the pouch prior to application for greater cold penetration.