- 1 flexible and reusable non-toxic gel ice pack contained in leak-proof nylon (15″ x 5.6″ – CE & FDA Certified). It has attached adjustable velcro straps that will securely keep it in place on any large area of your body: back, shoulders, torso, legs, etc. (total length of the whole wrap is 42.5″ and can be stretched up to 50″ it fits waist size of 29″ and up)
- Freebie: Special discount! (To claim, simply follow the instructions on the box)
- You can apply the back wrap directly on your skin, BUT please exercise extreme caution and care since excessive heat or cold can lead to burns. Therefore, if ever the temperature is too hot or cold for you, you can always wrap additional towels around the wrap.
- If the temperature is still too hot or cold for you, please use additional towels to cover the pack.
- Limit application of the back wrap to 15-20 minutes at a time (this is as advised by doctors and sports professionals since overusing does not help you heal any faster and may actually damage or burn skin tissue).
- If reapplication is needed, apply again every 1 to 1.5 hours. But be reminded that above all, when it comes to extended use, please do consult your physician or pharmacist. Please also do a consultation if ever you’re uncertain on whether you should use this pack for your type of injury or pain.
- Dispose back wrap if damaged or worn.
- The gel ice pack is FDA-approved and designed for many many times of uses. There are no issues with the contents being refrozen or reheated constantly.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Hot water method:
- Put 4-5 liters of water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove water from heat.
- Immerse the back wrap in the hot water for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the back wrap from the water, wipe it off, check the temperature, and use.
Since microwaves vary in power, you need to find the correct heat time carefully.
- Flatten the pack in the microwave and ensure that the gel is evenly distributed.
- Expose it for 30 sec. Please stop heating if it starts to expand like a balloon. If more heat is needed, expose it further for 10 seconds only at a time until desired temperature is reached. (Record the total time used for future reference).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Though we have mentioned a standard heating time for the back wrap, it helps to note that microwave powers vary from machine to machine. Therefore, during the FIRST time that you use it in a microwave, please keep an eye on the gel ice pack. If it starts to balloon or expand, stop the microwave instantly since that would mean that there’s too much heat. After that, please take note of the time that it used up. This will then be the standard time that you will use for heating your gel ice pack in your microwave going forward. (Note: Bursting can happen to gel ice packs if it reaches its boiling point / ultimate expansion point so caution really needs to be practiced during first-time use in a microwave).
- Store back wrap in the freezer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In cases of severe injury, wet the pouch prior to application for greater cold penetration.