– 1 piece of adjustable latex-free brace made of stretchable neoprene (65%), nylon (20%) and polyester (15%) that is 32.5″ long and 10.5″ wide
– 1 non-toxic reusable gel ice pack contained in leak-proof nylon (7.3″ x 8.5″, CE & FDA-certified) which can be used for both hot and cold therapy
– Freebie: Special discount! (To claim, simply follow instructions on the box)
- A one-size-fits-all brace for your elbow or knee that will help promote full natural movement, circulation, compression, and recovery.
- With the inclusion of a non-toxic reusable gel ice pack (7.3″ x 8.5″) which you can insert in the brace’s inner pocket, the brace will transform into an effective hot or cold pack that’s suitable for pain relief.
- The brace is made of stretchable neoprene (65%), nylon (20%) and polyester (15%), the latex-free brace is 32.5″ long and 10.5″ wide, and it’s perfectly adjustable as it can comfortably go around your elbow or knee.
- Opposite straps with strong velcro closures on the brace help secure and tighten the brace in place, and a circular opening on the front helps reduce pressure on the patella / joint as well as guide it in proper motion.
- Ideal for activities like sports, exercise, hiking, walking, running, etc. And when it comes to support and recovery, it can help heal meniscus tear, ACL, contusions, tendonitis, bruising, tennis elbow, post-surgery pain, arthritis, runner’s knee, swelling, muscle strains, sore areas, and more. Besides, with the added gel ice pack for hot and cold therapy, the benefits you can gain become endless!
GUIDELINES FOR GEL ICE PACK USE
- You can apply the bundled gel ice pack directly on your skin, BUT please exercise extreme caution and care since excessive heat or cold can lead to burns; hence, we strongly advise using the brace together with it so that it can act as a ‘barrier’.
- If the temperature is still too hot or cold for you, please use additional towels to cover the gel ice pack.
- Limit application of the gel ice pack to 15-20 minutes at a time (this is as advised by doctors and sports professionals since overusing does not help you heal any faster and may actually damage or burn skin tissue).
- If reapplication is needed, apply again every 1 to 1.5 hours. But be reminded that above all, when it comes to extended use, please do consult your physician or pharmacist. Please also do a consultation if ever you’re uncertain on whether you should use this pack for your type of injury or pain.
- Dispose ice gel ice pack if damaged or worn.
- The gel ice pack is FDA-approved and designed for many many times of uses. There are no issues with the contents being refrozen or reheated constantly.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Hot water method:
- Put water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove water from heat.
- Immerse the gel ice pack in the hot water for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the gel ice pack from the water, wipe it off, check the temperature, and insert it inside a wrap.
Since microwaves vary in power, you need to find the correct heat time carefully.
- Flatten the pack in the microwave and ensure that the gel is evenly distributed.
- Expose it for 30 sec. Please stop heating if it starts to expand like a balloon. If more heat is needed, expose it further for 10 seconds only at a time until desired temperature is reached. (Record the total time used for future reference).
- Put the gel ice pack into the brace’s pouch.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Though we have mentioned a standard heating time for the gel ice pack, it helps to note that microwave powers vary from machine to machine. Therefore, during the FIRST time that you use it in a microwave, please keep an eye on it. If it starts to balloon or expand, stop the microwave instantly since that would mean that there’s too much heat. After that, please take note of the time that it used up. This will then be the standard time that you will use for heating your gel ice pack in your microwave going forward. (Note: Bursting can happen to gel ice packs if it reaches its boiling point / ultimate expansion point so caution really needs to be practiced during first-time use in a microwave).
- Store gel ice pack in the freezer and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
(TIP: You can also just leave the gel ice pack in the freezer so it’s always ready to use; but for the most part, we advice keeping the gel ice pack in a cool dry place so as to prolong its optimal effectivity.)
- Put the gel ice pack into the wrap’s pouch to insulate the cold. In cases of severe injury, wet the pouch prior to application for greater cold penetration.